Monday, June 15, 2009

Frustration


I hate people who play games. My boyfriend is not very supportive of me signing up for the Navy. If I do join we will probably most definately break up. I'm not very happy with the idea of that, but I'm sick and tired of waiting around for a guy who doesn't want to marry me. I have NO career and they way I look at it now, I have no future. The military would offer me job security, and wonderful benefits. And my future would be up to me, not someone else. He says he is still looking to buy a house in Las Vegas, which is where I currently live. When I asked if I'll be able to live there with him, he said, "Well, you're joining the Navy, so you'll live on a boat." At that point in the conversation, I hung up on him. He also says he doesn't think he wants to marry someone in the military because I'll be gone so often. But really how is that so much different from the way we live right now? He lives in San Diego and I live in Vegas. We hardly see each other as it is. It's pretty obvious to me that he doesn't see a future for us even if I DON'T enlist. And maybe if I saw a future or some sliver of hope, I might be more hesitant as well. Either way this is MY life and NOONE elses. I need to make a future for myself instead of waiting around for other people to determine when I'm "good enough".

No comments:

Post a Comment