Sunday, July 12, 2009

Delete

There are certain people in my life, that are not very supportive of my decision to join the military. Now, I don't expect everyone I meet to be 100% on board. It is a very extreme and serious decision. But, if you can at least listen to what I have to say and agree that I'm not making this decision uninformed or without insight. I know very well what I'm getting myself into. And honestly, I can't wait. For someone to say, that I shouldn't join is stupid, immature and selfish. And why be such a jerk about it and rain on my parade anyhow? This is something I'm excited about and proud to do. I'm doing this because I can. Because I want to, and because you don't have enough balls to do it yourself. It's the most honorable job in the world, and one should be proud to begin this journey. I know I am.

3 comments:

  1. The naysayers are all on the front end. In two years from now, when you can talk about boot camp in the past tense and all the positive things that have come into your life through the Navy, people will give nothing but positive responses. If we only pursue the goals that everyone believes we can accomplish, we don't get very far in life. Someday, proving the doubters wrong will only make success that much sweeter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Chris on this one. Don't listen to any of the naysayers, the Navy is a great opportunity and will only open even more opportunities for you in life!!
    However, it seems you are falling into the same as many of the naysayers. People join the Navy for a myriad of different reasons, opportunity, benefits, travel, just awesomeness. Likewise, people don't join the Navy for a multitude of reason, they join another branch, family obligations, career, etc. Stating that people don't join because the don't have the balls is the same attitude that your doubters have, do you really think that a Marine doesn't have the balls to join the Navy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will always be supported! In your lifetime, whether you know it or not, you have friends that will support you in whatever you do. Whatever it takes to make you happy.JOE

    ReplyDelete