Friday, July 10, 2009

MEPS day 1


MEPS in one word: Stressful. We drove from Vegas to San Diego. I woke up around 5:30 on Wednesday morning, to get ready and wait for my recruiter to pick me up. We drove to the Summerlin recruiting office to meet with my driver and another Navy recruit, who would also be traveling with us. I was so anxious the night before I maybe got an hour and a half of sleep. I studied in the car on the way there, and played car games with the driver (another recruiter) and the other recruit. We arrived at MEPS and registered with the front desk. They took our photos and fingerprints. We then took the ASVAB. I was so nervous about this test. But when I got in I realized that it was a lot easier than I imagined. I breezed through it super quick. Afterwards, my results were sealed in an envelope, that I was to give to my recruiter and not open. I immediately ran to the bathroom to open my envelope. I scored a 79 on my exam. I was very pleased. Afterwards, I had to wait until everyone finished the exam. We then made our way to the shuttle that took us to our hotel. A lot of people were really young and energetic. I have no idea where they got all this energy from! I just drove 5 and half hours on maybe 2 hours of sleep, to take a test that was super long. We were given our room keys and our meal tickets and told that we had a hotel briefing at 8pm. I got to my room at 7:30 and called my mom to tell her how I did. After getting settled in, it was time for the hotel meeting. They went over basic rules. Curfew at 10pm, no girls in guys rooms and vice versa, wake up call at 4am, bus leaves at 5:15. Basically a lot of stuff that I thought was pretty common sense besides the times which were given to us anyway with our room key. After the briefing, I went to the hotel restaurant and ate dinner. After dinner, I went back up to my hotel room (9:30ish). By the time my roommate arrived back in our room I was dead asleep. It was the end of a very long day and I was glad that it was finally over!

No comments:

Post a Comment