Saturday, July 11, 2009

MEPS Day 2


I had a dream that night that I woke up super late at 11:00. And I had my dogs in the hotel room with me. I thought, "Oh my God. Where am I going to hide my dogs during MEPS? I'm going to be in so much trouble." When I woke up and looked at the clock it was 3:30am. Okay time to get up. I washed my face in the sink (I took a shower the night before) and put on some makeup. I was trying to find the morning news on the television and Jimmy Kimmel was on....I was so confused. Where is the news? Oh yeah! Its way to early....I was so not used to this. My roommate and I made small talk as we got ready. We then packed up our things, and headed down to the lobby to check out. We checked out and then went to the restaurant for breakfast. I had sausage and potatoes. It was actually a nice breakfast. But then again, breakfast food is always good. =) Only one problem. NO COFFEE. "Oh these people are monsters", I thought. After breakfast we headed to our buses. Some people were shipping out that morning and the rest of us were on our way to MEPS for the medical exams. At MEPS we were given stickers with our names on them. We took a hearing test, a vision test (which included a section on colorblindness), a urinalysis (to check for drugs, pregnancy, sugar and protein), had our blood pressure checked and a blood test. We also had two interviews with the doctors (a preliminary and a final). We also had a psychical which we stripped down to our bra and panties and did all kinds of silly exercises to make sure our arms and legs worked.They also took our height and weight. After the psychical we had individual consultations with the female doctor. She checked out noses, ears and throat. She poked and prodded our bellys as well. She also checked to make sure we were actually female. Our medical exams went by pretty quickly, because there were only 12 females. There were 55 men, so I had to wait for the other Vegas Navy recruit before we could leave. I passed medical. I was super happy. The other recruit, had high blood pressure. Another Air Force girl had to go get an Echo because the doctor thought he heard an irregular heartbeat. So, I was pretty happy when I passed. After medical, we headed back to Vegas where I asked our driver a thousand or so questions about the Navy. By the time I got home I was so exhausted. I think the most stressful thing about the entire MEPS experience, was being away from home. It was only 2 days, but I missed my mom and my dogs so much. Yes, I'm 28 years old and I missed my mommy. I can only imagine how hard boot camp will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment